Nothing can be as relaxing as sitting on a comfortable chair after a long day, to help relieve pressure and pain in the joints. A sleeping recliner is one of the chairs to provide you with the comfort you need since it allows you to stretch your body for the most relaxing feeling.
When you decide to buy a recliner, you will find the market flooded with brands of these chairs all featuring unique features. However, you can still make the best choice with an idea of what to buy and the features to look for in a recliner.
This article includes a comprehensive guide to help you buy the best recliner chair. Have a look at it and be sure to make the best choice. Let's begin by discussing the basics of a recliner and thereafter review the best recliners for sleeping.
A Quick Look at The Best Sleeping Recliners
What is a Recliner?
A recliner is an armchair associated with comfort. It features a reclining back and adjustable footrests. These allow you to lower the back of the chair to the slope you want so that you can have your body resting in the most comfortable position.
The chair also includes adjustable footrests. These can automatically adjust when you recline the chair, or you can manually change their positioning to allow your body and legs rest comfortably.
Types of Recliner Chairs
1. Rocker / Glider Recliner - A rocker recliner is a chair with an ability to rock forth and back. It is perfect for use by people with a sleeping problem. As such, it makes a great choice for nursing mothers or the aged.
2. Pushback Recliner - As the name implies, this chair requires that you push its back, behind when you want to recline it. It does not include a built-in footrest. Moreover, the back of the chair is the only movable part.
3. Lift Recliner - This is a motorized chair that helps you arise from the chair. It rises when you want to stand to help you stand with a lot of ease. This makes it perfect for people who need assistance when standing, making it ideal for the elderly. The chair needs to be plugged in so that it lifts upward.
4. Wall-Hugger Recliner - This chair is ideal for people with small spaces in their apartments. You should place it close to a wall to help you save much space. It incorporates fewer movements, enabling it to take minimal space.
5. Massage Recliner - This chair comes with a built-in massage functionality. As such, you not only rest on it, but it also massages you while on it. It is ideal for people who want to relieve pain and pressure on their lower backs. Some of these chairs also include a heating function.
Review of The 5 Best Recliners for Sleeping
Now that you about the things you need to look for when buying a headphone, it's time for the actual reviews. I hope it will be much easier for you to choose one after you are done reading.
Key Features of Homelegance Recliner
- Bonded leather material
- Comes with plush seat.
- Traditionally rolled armrests.
- Lever action reclining mechanism
As the top recliner on our review, this chair features a bonded leather construction. It has a 74% polyester, 18% leather, and an 8% cotton construction. The featured cotton consists of a 90%polyester and a 10% cotton. As such, you can rest assured to get the best value for money by getting one of these chairs since it is built to provide you with a long-term service and is one of the best recliner for sleeping.
More to that, it is covered with an easy to clean dark brown leather material on the seat part, and a matched bi-cast vinyl/faux leather on the body. This makes it stylish and easy to clean as well. Hence, you will add some style to the room and still be sure to have an easy time when it comes to maintaining it in good shape.
With this recliner, you can rest assured to have a comfortable time while seated on it due to the lots of padding included. Moreover, it features traditional rolled arms that provide you with a comfortable place to rest your arms. Whats more is a channel-tufted design head accent which assures you of a comfortable place to rest your head.
The chair measures 42 x 38.5 x 40 inches with a 95 pounds weight. It includes a lever action reclining mechanism that allows you to select the recline angle that makes you get the most comfort. When it is not reclining, it applies a gliding motion. It is easy to set up considering that the only part that requires assembly is the back part. You can get the chair in dark brown (9668BRW) or black (9668BLK) colors. This lets you select one to match your decor.
Key Features of Home Prolounger
- It uses the 40mm driver units for a fine-tuned sound.
- The earmuffs are made of soft pleather with ergonomic design.
- The headrests are made of pleather with steel reinforced headband.
- They are very flexible and durable.
Available in an espresso black color, the ProLounger power recliner measures roughly 43" x 35" x 37", and its seat dimensions measure roughly 20" x 18" x 21". Overall, this chair makes for a great addition to nearly any room and offers a sturdy design. The chair is only available in brown renu leather (a mixture of polyurethane, polyester, and leather) and is made with a wooden frame and heavy duty steel materials.
Additionally, the chair takes mere minutes to assemble; an easy task. Ultimately, the prolounger recliner lift chair offers a comfortable seat complete with breathable fabric with additional padding for additional comfort. Furthermore, the lift chair can also be placed against the wall as it only needs less than 5" to fully recline.
The features of the Prolounger power recliner lift chair are fairly standard yet simplistic. The lift chair is able to fully recline and, when placed up against a wall, only requires a 4" space to recline. Additionally, the added padding to the seat provides more comfort than there would be with basic cushioning.
Another included feature is a wired remote control to operate the lift; the remote can be stored in the side pouch located on the viewer's left side. One final feature worth noting is that the Prolounger power recliner lift chair is not only electric and has full reclining abilities but it also operates in three different positions and can hold approximately 300 pounds.
Key Features of Perry Ellis Recliner
- Cream Renu leather upholstery
- A full chaise pad between the leg rest and chair
- High-density foam and polyester fiber on the cushions
- Laminated hardwood frame and a heavy-duty steel reclining mechanism.
Do you need to purchase the best recliner chair that will not consume much space in your home? If so, you might want to consider getting this recliner. It measures 37 x 35 x 43 inches so that it does not take much floor space. Additionally, it only needs 4" clearance from the wall for it to recline, making it a great choice when used in limited spaces.
The recliner is three-position electric chair. It can act as a lift chair, a recliner, and a chair to let you sit in an upright position. As such, it makes a perfect choice when bought for use by the aged who need some help getting out of the chair. What's more is that it is an infinite position chair. This means that it doesn't lock into a particular position but give you a range of positions to recline.
With this recliner, you do not need to stand to access some of the essential products that you frequently use, due to the convenient side pocket that allows you to store various items in your reach. The chair comes with a UL approved easy-to-use wired controller to allow you to control its functionality at your comfort.
More to that it is built to last for a long time while providing you much comfort due to the durable Renu leather fabric that withstands heavy use. Whats more is that the seat features a full chaise pad between the footrest and chair. This provides you with enough support for the legs thereby providing you with an ultimate comfort.
The recliner comes with cushions that feature high-density foam and polyester fiber to provide you with the maximum comfort. You can get the seat for use by individuals of up to 300 pounds. Thanks to the heavy-duty construction that features a laminated hardwood frame and a heavy-duty steel reclining mechanism.
Key Features of Giantex Recliner
- Pu leather material
- Push-back recliner design
- Sewn-in seat and decoratively -stitched back cushions
As one of the best recliner chairs, this chair combines both function and style. It features a sewn-in seat and decoratively-stitched back cushions that make it attractive to look at. What's more is that this makes the chair highly durable to resist the tear and wear that occurs from lousy stitching.
The recliner features a durable construction and a stylish finish. This not only enhances the look but it also makes it a long lasting chair. Additionally, the recliner has a black leather upholstery. As such, it can blend to lots of decors assuring you of making a great investment once you get it.
With this recliner chair, you can be sure to get the maximum relaxation time due to the lever on the side that allows you to release the built-in footrest. As such, you can lie on the back and place the footrests in a comfortable position to enable you to balance your body.
Whats more is that it features a foam padding on the back, arms, seat, and footrests to assure you of getting the maximum comfort once you sit on it. The recliner is suitable for heavy-weight individuals due to the heavy-duty steel mechanism that allows it to support a lot of weight with much ease.
It features an eco-friendly construction so that it can make a right choice once introduced into a home with allergic persons, pets, and kids. The seat measures 35.8 x 25.6 x 39.75 inches. It is suitable for use by persons who do not exceed 250 lbs.
Key Features of Sennheiser HD 202
- Thick brown poly fiber material.
- Sturdy corner-blocked frame with metal reinforced seat
- Dual motors to recline the back and elevate the footrests
- Gets shipped directly from manufacturer.
Sennheiser is known for their quality products and this headphone is no exception to this. It is designed with some of the best audio features. The frequency response is widely placed and lies between 18 Hz to 18 KHz. The deep bass response is a plus with this headphone. It is closed and has a dynamic hi-fi stereo.
The headphone is ideal for the DJs applications. As it comes with the removable earcups, you can remove them from the headband when not in use. This adds to the portability feature of the headphone. The headband is very flexible with its rugged outdoor design style. The damping perforation design makes the bass response even powerful.
The powerful neodymium magnets and the diaphragms help in delivering high audio levels. The headphone also performs well at low bass with the turbine embossing in the diaphragm. The ear pads are made of leatherette and are replaceable. The sound bass is powerful and adds to the quality delivery of audio. The headphone comes with the clips to the belt. This enables you to adjust the cable length while you are using the headphone.
The headphone is perfect for long hours of usage. It is very light in weight and you will never feel the pressure or stress on your ears in spite of extended hearing. If you are looking for an extremely portable headphone, you should definitely consider buying these headphones from Sennheiser.
This product has various amazing and attracting features in it. The earcups are removable and the headband is flexible. This means that you can easily carry it anywhere. Adding to that, it also has some of the best sound quality features in it.You will not feel stressed even after long hours of listening as it comes with perfectly cushioned ear pads. The best part is that it comes with a two-year warranty. So, you can never go wrong with your purchase.
Things to Keep in Mind When Buying a Recliner
1. Construction Material - The materials featured on the recliner determine its durability, ease of cleaning, aesthetics, efficiency, among other factors. Hence, check the construction frame, upholstery, and reclining mechanism. Ensure that these feature materials that are long-lasting. Also, seek to find out the method you should use when cleaning it to ensure that you can manage to maintain it in good condition. Finally, get a recliner with colors that match your decor.
2. Space available - How much space do you have available to place the recliner? This is a question that you ought to answer to ensure that you only get a chair that will fit in the available space. To ensure that you get an ideal chair not to declutter your room, measure its dimensions when fully reclined and measure the space you want to place it. Ensure that these two are compatible, before making a purchase.
3. Comfort - Other than searching for a chair that will fit in the available space, find out if it has a suitable back size and seat area size. Ensure that you only consider a chair with a back size and seat area that will let you sit comfortably. Moreover, check the featured padding to ensure that it is enough to provide you with comfort at all times.
4. Price - Finally, consider the price of the chair. A good recliner should come at a reasonable cost based on its features. So, compare the prices charged by various manufacturers for you to determine the standard cost. Also, ensure that you only pay for a recliner with the features you need to avoid paying a high price.
5. Other Consideration - What other features would you like the chair to present? This depends on the reason for getting a recliner. If you need a chair for comfort, check for a footrest, cup holders, side pockets, and one with a remote control, since these will let you enjoy your activities without having to stand from it. You may also want to get a chair with a heating function if you need a massage chair. So, determine your needs first for you to get a perfect recliner.
The recliners reviewed above make it to the top of the list of the best sleeping recliners due to their durability, comfort, reasonable prices, among other features. Ensure that you consider them after deciding to buy a recliner since they have what it takes to offer you the best value for money.