A good TV antenna amplifier could be the most reliable way to guarantee savings on cable TV channels. It also means you can enjoy HDTV local channels for free. Only a reliable and efficient amplified TV antenna can give you access to strong signal strength for local TV channels.
HDTV antenna amplifiers provide an excellent avenue to view dozens of Over-the-Air channels. And a budget-friendly and high-quality antenna amplifier is what you need to enjoy improved picture and audio quality. Therefore, this article offers some of the best amplified antennas to view local channels and even ditch cable TV bills (cord-cutting).
A Quick Look at The Top 6 TV Antenna Amplifier
Why Do You Need a TV Antenna Amplifier
In simple terms, specific geographical locations or terrains experience difficulty in receiving clear signals. The remoteness of a location from the broadcast transmitters might make access to TV channels more difficult. Besides, weather interference, as well as the number of TVs to pick signals, can affect the signal quality.
Therefore, the amplified antenna helps optimize radio signals to TV sets to receive radio waves. A radio or TV set could comprise an amplifier circuit that helps receive UHF/VHF and FM signals for viewing or listening.
How to Choose the Best TV Antenna Amplifier
1. Gain - Decibels are the unit for measuring the antenna gain. It refers to the extent to which the antenna can focus or direct its energy from the required transmitter. Gain looks at the antenna's capacity or the intensity at which the antenna can produce its maximum reception. However, a good TV antenna amplifier does not need to be the one with the highest decibel to avoid impedance.
Therefore, when scouting for an amplified antenna, stay within the range of 7 to 12 decibels instead of lower or higher ranges. It is best to pay more attention to overall performance, reception quality, and ease of installation. Higher decibels of 12 to 30dB capacity antenna could do more harm, amplifying too much signal.
2. Noise Levels - The beauty of the amplifier is its ability to boost signal strength to your TV. It can, however, increase the noise level in the device with higher signal amplification. Once there is an increase in the noise level, your TV experiences static distortion, audio issues, or image duplication (ghost).
To get the best result from amplifier, settle for the one with lower values. Lower ranges offer better sensitivity to noise and better signal quality. Therefore, to get the best, pick antenna amplifiers with values of 2dB or lower. Higher values, like 4 to 6 dB, will create higher noise levels.
3. Supported Frequencies - Identifying your TV frequency should not be much of a problem. Most TV antennas make use of UHF and VHF signals. Therefore they require preamps that support UHF/VHF signals. When you make use of a UHF/VHF antenna on an amp that supports only UHF or VHF, the other may become blocked. However, if you prefer a UHF or VHF only antenna, then purchase the frequency that supports it alone.
4. Checking Signal Strength and Available Channels - You also might want to find out the available channels within your locality. Some channels of interest might be farther away from your immediate vicinity. Therefore, you need a reliable antenna amplifier to help attract such channels. FCC broadcasts channels with the strongest or weakest strength within your locality. Available details exist on TV Fool. Input your house address to get the details. The most active signals will appear at the top and the weakest at the bottom.
5. Antenna Manufacture Material - Antenna with aluminum usually attracts better signals. TV antenna amp with thin foil often gets more conductivity that helps boost TV signals.
6. Warranty - When selecting an antenna amplifier, price is not the only factor to consider. Paying a little more for a reliable and more efficient antenna amplifier might mean longer years of service. Most of such antenna amps come with a more extended warranty period. Therefore, a TV antenna amplifier with five years or more warranty should guarantee a longer servicing period. You end up saving more cash with an amplifier antenna with a longer warranty.
Review of The Top 6 TV Antenna Amps
Now that you know about the things you need to look for when buying TV Antenna Amplifier, it's time for the actual reviews. I hope it will be much easier for you to choose one afterwards.
- 4- ports TV amplifier connections
- 4k enabled
- Works for indoor amplifier needs
- 7.5dB per port
- 3 feet power coaxial cable
- 90 days user warranty
When you need to share your TV signal across several rooms, then the Antennas Direct A4 TV amplifier can help achieve the task. With as much as four ports, the amplifier offers one of the best product for signal splitting without losing latency. The 4k enabled signal booster and coaxial cable can cover as much as 50 feet distance with sturdiness in picture quality.
Operating at a decibel of 7.5dB amplification for each port helps create a balance to reduce the noise level. Amplifiers with higher decibels possess a higher noise level and likely distortion to picture or signal quality.
Though the Antennas Direct provides better signal quality for indoor signal boost, it could work effectively outdoors also. The drawback with Antennas Direct is its limited warranty period of 90 days, which could have been a bit longer. A user wants to be sure of not needing to purchase an amplifier in another 2 to five years, at least.
- Boost XT for non-amplified or passive antenna
- UHF/ VHF Twin Amp Technology
- Outdoor non-amplified antenna compatible
- Band pass filters
- Accessories and installation guide
The Winegard LNA-200 boost XT HDTV Preamplifier provides high-performance signal quality for non-amplified or passive outdoor antennas. What makes the Winegard LNA-200 one of the amps that has the ability to amplify antenna signals at farther distances outdoor. That makes seeing the best HDTV programs for free possible so you could ditch those cable bills.
Its TwinAmp technology works flawlessly and individually on the UHF and VHF frequency with little signal interference. That means you get to enjoy your desired frequency without giving up any. At 1dB, the Winegard LNA-200 delivers higher quality signal with low noise and pixelation. At 1dB, the Winegard LNA-200 delivers the least noise level to give clear picture signals. The bandpass filter technology makes the amplifier compatible by reducing RF signal interference with maximum gain of 18 dB.
You can enjoy stable power input without much power consumption at 130mA (+5V). Using a coax connection reduces cable clutters around. However, that also creates another problem as you might have to deal with the device heating up. To make installation and operations easy, the Winegard LNA-200 comes with the needed accessories and instruction manual.
- Adjustable power boost
- Adjustable gain
- Dual device connectivity
- 4G LTE filters
- UHF, VHF, and FM frequencies
- Power boost dial
- Smart boost technology
- Accessories and installation manual
Several factors make the Antop HD Smart Boost Antenna Amplifier one of the top amplifiers. The ease of operations and connection to at least two devices without reducing signal strength is a significant plus for the Antop. Antop HD smart gives the user the ability to control signal strength and gains using the adjustable TV tuner. Therefore, weaker signals could become stronger by fine-tuning to improve performance and avoid excess modulation.
The Antop HD smart booster allows you connect to two TV sets from the two output ports. You could also opt for an Over-the-Air (OTA) Digital Video Recorder (DVR), streaming devices, or FM stereos. Antop HD amplifier runs on the 4G LTE built-in filter to restrict 3G and 4G interference from your cellphone. That helps manage pixelations and cell tower interference.
Antop HD smart booster amplifier works with either the VHF, UHF, or FM frequencies. That way, you can retain current antennas and enjoy any channel within those frequencies. With a decibel range of 1 to 10dB and noise figure of 3dB, the Antop HD smart amplifier can work with the minimal noise level. It means, your signal strength and picture quality remain intact without distortion.
- Mini RF distribution
- 1 port TV connector
- Anti-corrosive coating
- 15dB gain
- Temperature covering of -40 C to +60 C
- AC/DC power input
Channel Master CM-3410 mini amplifier works best for a single user in need of a stronger signal. A person with more TV can opt for the 2, 4, or 8 ports, respectively. Channel Master CM-3410 Ultra Mini amplifier works well with CATV, HDTV, Off-Air, as well as the analog or digital RF distribution. Its advanced technological setup makes high signal performance possible. Running on a noise figure of 2dB creates a balanced and reliable noise level to ensure high-quality pictures.
The Channel Master CM-3410 is well-formulated according to US and international power supply standards. With the coaxial cable inclusive, the device works securely without causing any surge or power issues for extended wires. The weather-seal housing protects against corrosion and increases the lifespan of the amplifier.
Channel Master CM-3410 comes with a 90-day warranty period. So, if within the warranty period, you can return the product in line with the company's return policy.
- 4 connection ports
- 1 bypass port
- OTA standard antenna connection
- 6 kV surge protector
- Adjustable dual mount
- Corrosion-resistant coating
- Power connection, manual and other accessories included
The PCT International's VC 5P Port Bi-direction cable TV HDTV amplifier is one of the best amp out there. With multiple connection ports, the amplifier allows you to connect at least devices with a bypass port. However, using the Over-the-Air antenna option offers an efficient but cheaper connection. Using the advanced technological setup, you experience improved signals for cable TV to reduce pixelation. Also, audio drops and snow interference do cause weak signal levels, but the 4-Port Bi-directional helps resolve it.
You get an excellent signal splitter for TV and internet needs in the 4 Port Bi-directional TV amplifier. It offers exceptional internet speed and an optimal signal reception of 5 to 7 decibels per port. Attaining low decibels of 7dB gives three times more boost of the signal coverage. Therefore, if you desire a permanent break from slow internet connectivity and signal strength, the 4-Port Bi-directional is what you need. Boosting the amplifier on each port at 3dB input makes connecting to longer cable connections possible.
However, before purchasing, take note that the 4-Port Bi-direction is a secondary PCT amplifier. That means it does not work well with amplified antennas, as it might reduce signal strength.
- UHF, VHF, FM frequencies
- Adjustable FM traps
- Smart boost technology
- F-connectors coaxial cable
- Outdoor antenna
RCA TVPRAMP1Z is carefully engineered to deliver sturdy and reliable signal strength for your outdoor antenna TV needs. The RCA TVPRAMP1Z helps extend the signal range in areas with low signal for farther distance or remote areas. With the analog preamp you can enjoy more channels than before with clear picture and audio quality.
The RCA TVPRAMP1Z Smart booster technology helps improve signal performance for individual VHF or UHF modulation. With the efficient switchable FM plug, you can enjoy a stronger FM signal without interference. Using an attached weatherproof covering, it eliminates any chance of weather interference on the signal. By default, the FM trap remains set to 'On,' therefore, when installing, you might need to switch to 'OFF.'
RCA TVPRAMP1Z has an operational VHF gain of 16dB, UHF gain of 22dB, and intermodulation with an average of 60dB. That means you can extend the coaxial cable to a longer distance. Using the RCA TVPRAMP1Z antenna booster, you can connect any outdoor antenna using the coaxial cable. However, there is arguably a limitation to the potency of the RCA TVPRAMP1Z, but it can deliver reasonable signal strength.
Securing a good TV antenna amplifier is not a case of one size fits all. The wrong or inappropriate antenna amplifier could worsen the situation, causing pixelation. You must understand your antenna needs, geographical location, and more to get clear signals or all available channels.
However, the above top 6 amplified antennas for and buyer's guide for TV should fit your antenna amplifier needs ideally. Now, it's time to cut the cord!